Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dreams and Nightmares

So, I had crazy dreams last night.  Perhaps it was the pickle I ate before bed.  I dunno.  Anyway, I had this terrible dream that I somehow was burned on the left side of my body.  My arm and my neck and my back.  I think I was wearing a wedding dress and I caught fire and had to drop and roll to put it out.  Then I was left with these huge blisters that I put Cetaphil on, and it made it feel better. Totally not what you would do if you had actually had been burned.  I was with my mom and my dad and my family and they kind of didn't really pay attention to the fact that I had been burned.  Very odd.

That was always one of my biggest fears as a child.  I thought that our house was going to catch on fire and I would always make my dad come in and show me how to get out of our house in case that happened.  I am sure it was very tiring for him to have to come in and reassure me, but I was still terrified about that happening.

My dreams then turned into me going to a symphony conference and I was staying with this very odd group of people at this house very far away from the conference.  The dream started out with me staying with these people and really wasn't about a symphony conference.  The girls were really snarky and it felt like I was living in this big frat house.  At some point Dave Grohl showed up and was one of the people staying in the house.  Didn't make sense.  Then I ended up at the symphony conference, which was taking place in a South American country, and I had to drive (with my mom) to the location and walk.  She disappeared in the dream at that point and then the conference was over.  I was walking out of the conference and it was kind of like walking off a cruise ship when the cruise is over.  Except there were all these shops and I ended up walking through a Tiffany's store.  Lots of diamonds and pearls. 

After I had walked through the Tiffany's, I walked out this big warehouse part of the building and ended up running into one of my friends who was breaking down a musical set.  I tried to hug her, but she was dirty from working and didn't want to dirty up the dress I was wearing.  Then we went out to this open courtyard area and sat down to have coffee.  While we were having coffee, we watched this big blue bird that was the size of a dinosaur attack smaller birds and eat them.  I then realized it was time to go and had to figure out where I had parked the car and start driving a long way (like 3 hours) to get to the airport that I had flown in from.  Then I woke up.

I need to stop eating pickles before bed.

xo

6 comments:

  1. I like that you recalled the dream with detail! Thank you for sharing! Remember, you don't have a bad dream because your body is over heated - the bad dream is your bodies way of waking you up and saying "hey, it's too hot!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have CRAZY dreams! This one was particularly vivid. I suppose I was over-heated! I keep on trying to get my husband to turn down the thermostat! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you remember in such detail, I only remember the 'it was weird' part. I did like your enormous blue bird though, the main character in my book has a dream about a giant blue bird, so I'm drawn to them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carin - the blue bird was beautiful! Very vivid colors in my dream, except what he was doing was kind of terrifying! I have to check out your book...thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  3. that's my son's biggest fear, is our house burning down. Which is a shame, since I" constantly burning dinner and setting off all the alarms so he's the first to run screaming out onto the front lawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart boy! I think I started having the fear of the house burning down from watching the made for TV movie "David". I don't know if you have ever seen it - it's about a dad setting the house and his child on fire to get back at his ex-wife. I was obviously way too young to be watching something like that. Sorry for TMI. I hope the dinner burning gets better! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete