Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You Can Dance With Me!



DaNcE! dAnCe! DaNcE!
Everybody Dance!
You Can Dance With Me....
The way in which these children are vibrating with the rhythm of Mr. Simon's "Me and Julio" demonstrates the true power of music over human beings.  Think about it.  When we hear a song, we stop and listen.  Especially if it "moves us" in some way.  Pay attention to that phrase.  We pay attention when something moves us.  Emotionally, physically, spiritually...whatever.  It is a movement, a dance, a shift, and a change all wrapped up in a tiny child vibrating to a man playing his guitar.

I kind of feel like those kids today...vibrating along, trying to find the actual rhythm but not quite certain so the dance appears frantic.  This week has been, well, vibrating thus far.  New beginnings, again.  But this time, it feels a little more permanent.  Like I might actually figure out the steps to the choreography of this particular dance.  

Thank you, friendly Universe, for providing me with so many avenues and opportunities in the past two years here in NOLA.  I needed to experience them all and meet everyone that I have met thus far.  Thank you for providing us with our own Louisiana family, even if I didn't realize that is what you were doing at the time.  I love you all.  You may not realize it, but I'm shooting love arrows at you all as I write this.  xoxo

New job, new start, half-way through the first week.  I think we all deserve a good, celebratory dance, so dance, dance, dance, like it's the last night of your life!!!!!!

Happy Wednesday, y'all!
*shimmy, shimmy*

2 comments:

  1. Music always moves me!! Great post!

    Kathy
    http://www.thetruckerswife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH---I can't wait til midnight when the new blog hop theme comes out---because it is sort of goes along the lines of your thinking here.

    Isn't it wonderful to find those special people that take you in as family when you move to a new place? I've moved a lot growing up and I've met some great "family" along the way.

    I love to dance--I love music--I love to shimmy!!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete