Friday, February 5, 2010

But You're So Nice


The other shoe dropped yesterday. I was let go from my job. Not for a lack of trying, but I guess I just wasn't meeting expectations. I tried really hard at this job. REALLY HARD. So hard, in fact, that I think my monkey heart suffered further damage from all the stress. But, that's my problem, not theirs.

Therefore, no house right now. We are staying put. I get to job hunt, again. Oh yay! I will say, this go round, I am going to work for something that is familiar. Work with like minded people - creative people who understand people's souls.

I am not cut from the salesman's cloth. I don't know how to manipulate people into doing what I want them to do. Please don't read that as a jab at the industry. I truly believe in the mission that my former employer was working toward. Help the city of New Orleans.

I need to help the individuals of the city of New Orleans. People. With faces and names and stories. I'm a creative person. A nice person. A soulful person.

To say I'm sad about this loss, I will agree to the extent that I enjoyed having that paycheck. I enjoyed having a place to go every morning and working in a beautiful building. I enjoy the few friends I made during my four month tenure. But, that is about it. I won't miss the stress and the feeling that someone was gunning for my head every day.

"You didn't meet our expectations, but YOU ARE SUCH A NICE PERSON", they said to me. Hmmm...what does that have to do with anything. To me, it sounds like an insult. You are too nice to work here.

Thank you for the opportunity and for showing me, once again, what I am not meant to do in my life. Onward and upward, folks!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they we're such great people about being jerks!

    Your place will come, sweet girl. Until then, go get a drive-through daquiri for me!

    ReplyDelete