Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh, The Beauty of it All!

This is my absolute favorite time in NOLA. ABSOLUTELY! Not just because of Carnival (even though we have now entered into the season of Lent), but because of the beauty that is currently in bloom all around the city.

This tree is a Japanese Magnolia. I LOVE THIS TREE. I pink, puffy heart it. In fact, the blossoms look like pink, puffy hearts. They are large, exotic, and very delicate. Yet, oddly strong. They smell beautiful.

I picked a blossom off a tree the other day and placed it in a cup of water by my bed. The fragrance was a little overwhelming, but it was beautiful. The outside of the blossoms are pink, and the insides are white like a regular magnolia blossom.

A definite sign that spring is coming, the Japanese Magnolia tree blossoming is yet another reason why I love New Orleans.

On a side note, I am headed to a job interview this afternoon. Prayers and positive thoughts are greatly appreciated!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment