Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What Dreams May Come

Here we go again! Back on the road to home ownership. Only this time, we get closets and a lot more square footage. It feels right. I'm just cautious.

We put a bid on this lovely home (it's a condo, actually) and after a tiny bit of back and forth, we have had our bid accepted. Now it's on to the home inspection and appraisal process. That part is easy, breezy. It's all the other financial hoops that are coming our way that make me nervous.

The last time we went down this road, we thought we were golden and then at the last minute, the rug was pulled out from under us. That's okay! You know why? Because it means that the Harmony house wasn't meant to be ours and opened the door for our TRUE future home.

I think Papa Dios knew that I had too many shoes to live in a house that didn't have any closets. We get three - count them - THREE closets in this place.

It has the charms of an old New Orleans home - claw footed bath tub, hardwood floors, big windows, phone nook - but also has a brand new kitchen, completely modernized. Yeah, baby!

I just pray that the next steps proceed with ease and grace. It feels different this time, which means it MUST be right. Or, maybe not right, just better.

I'll keep you posted on our home ownership proceedings - we are bound to have a few hiccups. As long as we get to sign on the dotted line, I think the hiccups will be worth it.

So, for now we are cautiously excited. Anything can happen at this point, but I have faith.

And Kev, darling man. I hope you know that when we finally get the keys to our house, you WILL be carrying me across the threshold. You didn't do that when we got married, so I think it appropriate for OUR first home.

Yeah, baby! Bring it on!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment