Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ask and you shall receive....


I went back to Amarillo for a couple of days. Just to check in with my parents, readjust some mental-ness, and to pick up my Christmas tree (looks like Christmas is in NOLA this year - Kev has to work). I told myself before I left on the 15 hour drive that when I returned to New Orleans, my job would be here waiting.

I arrive in Amarillo on Tuesday evening. Long drive - it was good to see the house I grew up in and know so well. And of course, my parents.

All the while, thinking, **I am happy and grateful for my new job in New Orleans**

I ended up working at my favorite dance store, Razzle Dazzle Dancewear while I was in town. It was fun working with Brenda, Marissa, Adam, and Jonathan again! Thanks for the smiles!

Still thinking, **I am happy and grateful for my new job in New Orleans**

Ring, ring, ring! (Which sounds more like meba meba wheee, burrrburrburrrp.)

**I am happy and grateful for my new job in New Orleans**

This was the call I had been waiting for...it was the temp agency calling about a semi-permanant position with an Electrical Contracting Agency looking for an office assistant.

**I am happy and grateful for my new job in New Orleans**

So, my trip was cut short. I interviewed on Friday and got the call that I was the "It Girl" while I was driving home from my interview. Jermaine told me they thought I might be "too polished" for them. Hmm...I somehow doubt it but this will be interesting.

On top of that fabulous development, I received a phone call from another organization I applied to recently. They informed me while I wasn't being called about the position I applied for, they had new position open and I am interviewing on Tuesday.

My cup is officially running over. Thank you, Universe.

I believe in the power of positive thinking.

I believe in the power of believing in yourself.

And I believe in the power of looking at your situation from a different perspective.

These thoughts and approaches seem to have set into motion a series of events that are quite beneficial for my current predicament.

Again, Thank You Friendly Universe!

I now have more to give back.


By the way, they are wrong. You CAN go home again. You just have to return to your new home afterward. And that is fine, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment