Saturday, September 12, 2009

And a good time was had by all...


We had a lovely time with Kevin's parents when they came to visit. The weekend was spent hitting up our favorite local joints (thus far) and showing Kitty and Mitch the way we exist in our new city. We found this chandelier on someone's balcony in the French Quarter. Very colorful! I will have a true chandelier in my home someday.


We visited our favorite ice cream joint - The Creole Creamery. They make their own ice cream in the store, fresh. I have enjoyed such flavors as saffron pistachio and goat cheese and fig but they of course have regular flavors like chocolate and peppermint. Yummy, yummy!


I think Kitty really likes her ice cream! She looks happy.


Which brings me to this picture. This is the wall we sat under in the ice cream shop. I like the pink walls and the message, "Eat Ice Cream, Be Happy." That is sooo true!


We look happy, too!



We went to the seafood store and bought some more Cajun fast food - boiled shrimp, boiled potatoes and corn. Kitty took this cool picture of the crab hanging out in the cooler.


We visited the Maison Bourbon Jazz Club on Bourbon St after enjoying a delicious burger from Yo Mama's. I think everyone was enjoying the great music - that trumpet player had some chops on him. And the old guy in suspenders was entertaining to watch dance!


Our fur-children received Halloween costumes from their Grandma and Grandpa. Here is Oliver in the pirate hat - and yes, this hat includes a ribbon and some nice dread locks. Very Johnny Depp, Oliver!


Here is Alice (sort of) wearing the fairy costume. I think Oliver likes her antennae.


Oliver in the same costume. There is something slightly disturbing about his glowing eyes in this picture.


And of course, Pirate Alice. I really like the kitty skull and cross bones on the hat. Of course, her sweet face doesn't make her look like a very menacing pirate! I think her defense is purring someone into a coma.


As you can tell, we all had a nice visit and a good laugh at the kitties. Alice and Oliver told me that they can't wait until their Grandma and Grandpa come back to visit. And Kevin and I have to agree! Thanks for the great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment