Saturday, September 26, 2009

Strawberry Swing


I started a new job this week. Everything has been a bit of a whirlwind in the past two weeks. I got a job, then got a call for another job, and then quit the one job to take the new job. I feel a little dazed.

Last week I worked for an electrical contractor. This Monday, I still worked for an electrical contractor. Then I quit. It was temp work and I had only been there for a week, so I did not feel much of an obligation to give them time to find someone else. A little selfish, I know. Yet I was employed by them through the temp agency. Key word being TEMPORARY.

My new job is permanent. A sort of big girl job. Sort of. I'm assisting a lovely, intelligent, strong person who brings in millions of dollars to the city of New Orleans. Tourism $$! Basically, I work for an organization and department that bids to bring any number of conventions to NOLA. You could have any type of convention - dermatologists, lawyers, Star Trek or even beauty pageants - and they all need a place to hold these events. So, why not bring it to New Orleans. What a fun place to come visit - and to live.

Three days down. A million more to come. I am learning a great deal about this new industry (well, new to me) and am thankful that I am continuing to work for a non-profit. This is a test of how much I really learned through my past experiences and also shows me how far I have to go. I am up for the challenge. It is nice to work with responsible, hard working individuals. The people in this office work hard and fast! I am honored to be chosen and will do my best to fill the shoes of E. So far, I'm finding them hard to fill! Time will only tell.

Other than the fabulous coworkers, I am currently most in awe of the building that I work in and the views from the windows. The office is located on St. Charles Avenue. Pretty #1. The building itself is modern in design, but with the large windows, the beauty of its surroundings are showcased. Pretty #2. The picture above is what you see when you get off the elevators. On every floor. Pretty #3. I have a large corner cubicle as my office with another pretty view. Pretty #4. And so on, and so forth.

Sensory overload, I say! New surroundings, entirely new job x 2, and it's only just the beginning.

I must say, my cup continues to run over.



They were sitting

They were sitting in the strawberry swing

Every moment was so precious
. . .



. . . Cold, cold water


What ya' say?


It's such


It's such a perfect day



--Coldplay, Strawberry Swing

No comments:

Post a Comment