Friday, August 28, 2009

The Weekend Ahead


Happy Friday, ya'll! I hope everyone has big plans for this weekend. Maybe it is renovating that new home (well new to you), spending time with friends and family, or simply catching up on some well deserved rest. There is something therapeutic about the weekend.

As for Kevin and me, we are spending the weekend with his parents. I am lucky to have such nice people as my in-laws. They are generous and kind and extremely supportive of our move to New Orleans. I am excited for them to be able to experience more of what this city has to offer. I am also excited to have the opportunity to venture out of the house and enjoy these experiences as well.

I know we plan on eating some burgers at Yo' Mamas and riding the street car a few times. Heck, we might even convince Mitch to eat a Lucky Dog! I think he will need a few daiquiris before we tackle the great and mighty Lucky Dog. They always sound like a good idea at the time and then you eat one and decide, "hmmm....well, maybe that wasn't such a good idea". Not to knock the Lucky Dog - it is just something that you should not make a part of your diet on a regular basis.

So, here's to a great weekend with family! Take some time and reflect on how lucky you are to have loved ones surrounding you!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    I hope you enjoyed your weekend with the fam. Where are the pictures and tales of adventure? We look forward to learning if Mitch consumed a lucky dog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete