Tuesday, August 30, 2011

¿Dónde está mi piña (Where is my pineapple?)

 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', uhh...COMET...Where'd YOU Come FROM??

"People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle AND shine when the sun is out,
BUT when the darkness sets in,
Their true beauty is revealed  
ONLY if
there is light FROM within."
-Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (1926 -)
Good News, Y'all!!!  I've been eating a few Po-boys and have gained (according to my personal scale) a whopping ONE POUNDWhoop-Whoop!  I never thought I would  be excited about gaining weight and honestly I'm faking it till I make it at this point in "the game".  

On the other hand, I have more energy and I'm making sure I am walking in the park so I'm building some muscle back.  I just have to remember to go slowly.  Also, 'adventures in vitamins' is proving to be interesting.  I long for Flintstones Brand . . . 

Come to think of it, we never took vitamins when we were little.  I think I enjoyed those little treats at Allie's house.

Putting things in order and underwhelming yourself to achieve balance is an everyday challenge that we all face.  I feel like I have been given all the pieces to MY puzzle at the most appropriate times during MY life.  I just never had a logical explanation given to me about WHY things happened the way they did.  I found out my cardiologist of 15 years had died because my mom handed me his obituary.  Then she handed me a hankie.

This approach has turned me into a passionate, intense and slightly "psychotic" INDIVIDUAL.  

AND I'm a HOOT at cocktail parties!

The thing is that everyone seems a little afraid of me.  
"Treat her with kid gloves . . ." and "She's very sensitive" 
are both phrases that I have heard from PEOPLE my entire life.  After all, I'm delicate, RIGHT??

Ummmmm . . .

Have we met????
I was raised by a "You'll Get Endocarditis AND DIE!!!" and an 
"I'll Give You Something To Cry About!!!"  
A BRILLIANT combination, especially considering all my DELICACIES early on in my childhood.

Bottom line, I AM tough as nails and 
I spit daggers at ANYONE who Crosses ME.  

I am a stubborn Capricorn.  I have a Monkey Heart.  
Oh, and I also know how to dance my DERRIERE off.

I am so happy and grateful, GLORIOUS UNIVERSE.  You provided me New Orleans when I needed a safe place.  New Orleans has been Kev's and my official home for TWO YEARS now and I am officially overwhelmed by the gratitude I feel for finally finding OUR TRUE HOME.
God Blessed Texas
 &
God Sparkled Louisiana



La Musica TODAY:  Elton John Honky CAT 

 GET BACK, HONKY CAT!!!

4 comments:

  1. You know--I think you sometimes have to be tough as nails to survive this crazy world. I love, Love, LOVE the quote at the beginning!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenn!

    I agree, 'tough as nails' is an approach we all have had to employ from time to time.

    I can honestly say that I'll live for as long as I live and I'll die trying in the meantime. xo-Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you a few po-boys would make it alright.

    I think you and New Orleans are alot alike. You are both tough as nails, but possess a caring and compassionate side that shines through that stoney exterior. knowing when to pick up the tired and weary is a gift, and it takes a lot of strength to share a gift that can be easily kept secret. It says alot about you that you share that gift so easily and openly.

    You make my hometown a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, you always help me find my better place. Thanks for making me feel so loved! <3

    ReplyDelete