Wednesday, August 24, 2011

TODOS SOMOS CRiMiNaLeS SuaVe (We Are All Smooth Criminals)


Black and White 
Peanut Butter and Jelly.  
Apples and Oranges.


Good and EVIL.

I'm still having a really hard time wrapping my head around the whole idea of terrorism.  
Terror.  Evil. Angry. Hate.
TERROR.

Even typing those words hurts my bones.  I don't know why, but I can't wrap my head around another human being allowing themselves to be taken over by a learned belief system so entirely that they are willing to kill themselves and anyone else that is in firing range of their rage.  Teetering on the brink of insanity, an individual can find solace in these beliefs, but I know and you know that there is still that voice inside us all (I refer to it as the Great Universe) that guides our steps when we are tangoing with karma.

I'm upset that we are still fighting this awful war.  I'm upset that the world seems to be nothing but death and destruction, pop-psychology, and celebrities.  At the end of the day, does it really matter who wore what to which premiere?  Not when our military and our allies' military are fighting for SOMEONE'S (but WHO IS someone??) incessant need for energy POWER. 

I believe in the people who show up and do their job every day.  I believe in the girl that serves me my coffee in the morning (that would be moi, y'all...), I believe in the nurses, doctors, policemen, firemen, and city officials of New Orleans, I believe in my family and friends, and I believe in the busboy that is working his way up to become the Executive Chef at Commander's Palace.

Everyone has their journey.  Everyone has his or her own tempo at which they need to dance their little dances.  But that doesn't give anyone the right to enter another individuals "PERSONAL DANCE BUBBLE" without permission and it MOST DEFINITELY does NOT give anyone the permission to cause harm.  

Period.

We get two choices in life  
Love or Hate.  

I'm going to Continue to Love.  

(That's all I know how to do.)

**And now a question for you: Who pulls YOUR puppet STRINGS???

La Musica TODAY:  The Roots The Seed (2.0) ft. Cody ChestnuTT 
from their 2002 album Phrenology on Geffen Records.


Happy Wednesday!  

*toes, toes, toes*

6 comments:

  1. Actually there is another group outside of love and hate and they may be the scariest of all . . . indifference. Thanks for the follow. Back at ya!

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow, Joyce! I agree - indifference is the scariest group of them all! I am ignoring infifference, because indiffrence almost NEVER makes a difference. Glad to know people are waking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a rose-colored world too. I'll never wrap my mind around evil. I don't know how, so I'm just sad.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, maybe if we keep our positivity going the world will take a page from our books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embracing love--a novel idea!! No I'm not one for negativity, hate or as Joyce said indifference. What a great post!! Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha, indeed Jenn! As always, thanks for being a RoCk STAR!!!

    ReplyDelete