Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Day: CHECK!


So, after completing my first day at the office, I have decided that I enjoy my new position. I enjoy the environment, I enjoy the people. I don't really know what I'm doing quite yet and now have to learn how to use a Mac, but, I'm a smart cookie and think this gig will be a nice way for me to feel more useful.

I definitely have to learn to dress differently for the office. No big deal - I'm just used to the big corporate suits and heels and all that, but # 1: this is New Orleans, #2: I'm now working in a design office, #3: design people don't wear heels.

So, I go be-bopping up in there with a dress on and my happy giraffe print heels. Clip Clop Clip Clop. Down the hallway in an old house/pharmacy that has hardwood floors.

SHHHHHHH!!!

People are being creative here!

Therefore, the shoe dilemma.

No one said anything. I'm just not quite cool enough for the design people in my fashion design. I wish I was cooler...and could manage walking in my happy giraffe print heels more quietly in an old house/pharmacy with hardwood floors.

Today, I will wear flat shoes that are stealthy quiet. Because people are being creative up in there.

OOOOOHHHHH!

And you know the best part????

There is an OFFICE DOGGGGGG!!!!!

Her name is Coco. She is cute.

I will take a picture of her today if I can.

So far, work feels like going over to a friend's house to work on a project. Not really work because the family dog is running around and there is a kitchen and a bathroom with a bathtub.

I hope you all have a FABULOUS Tuesday!

xoxo

P.S. Can anyone tell what's in the picture??

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you like the new job! You know, I've gone back now and read several pages of your blog and I know what you mean about it being hard to find a job that suits you. I've been looking for something new and, since I've been doing the same thing for the past 10 years, I don't feel like I qualify for anything else. And I know I could easily learn something else, but with 100s of other qualified applicants out there, it's really hard to get that "I can learn it" position.

    ANYWAY, again, I'm really glad that you dig it. Sound like it's perfect - being located in a comfy environment (with dog!) and kind-of casual. Those are the attributes that I really like about my current job (minus the dog).

    Though I've studied and studied that picture, I can't make out what it is... do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear your first day went well. Hopefully it will only get better as you get more comfortable. As for the picture, I have no clue though I would guess that it is where the butt meets the office chair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear your first day went well. Hopefully it will only get better as you get more comfortable. As for the picture, I have no clue though I would guess that it is where the butt meets the office chair?

    ReplyDelete