Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Great Seed Watch: Plants Galore!

A ripened strawberry from our plant. Super tiny, but it was sweet. Mmmm..can't wait for more!

I love the feelers that grow on the cucumber plants. They start out curled up and unroll themselves, finding something to hold onto.


You can kind of see how they have wrapped their feelers around the post. Looking good, cucumbers!


The tomatoes have grown TALL! I even think I see a little flower starting to develop on this one! I love how hairy the tomato plant is!


And a nice aerial shot of all the growing going on!

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Holla back, greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Those are seriously awesome photos. What kind of camera do you have?

    I only wish my tomatoes looked that good! I feel like mine are stumped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holla, Jon! Thanks for the growing encouragement!

    Foxy - I shoot with a Nikon D40x. We have had the camera for a while - I'm just now teaching myself how to use it. But I love it! Seriously!

    We have been fertilizing our plants once a week since they were placed in their official homes. We use Miracle Grow Plant and Vegetable Feed. It comes in a box that has blue granules that you mix with water. It has seriously helped the tomato plants. I also put eggshells in the soil with my tomato plants. My friend Julia suggested it so I tried it. Not sure if it has helped but it definitely hasn't hurt. Are you growing yours from seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I'd love to grow some of my own fruits and veggies, but I don't think I have a green thumb-- your plants are looking good!

    ReplyDelete