Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Get Your Guns Up!


Thanks to my lovely parents, Kev and I traveled back to Texas to visit with my brother in Austin and on to San Antonio to watch my Texas Tech Red Raiders play in the Alamo Bowl! We had an awesome time! We were able to eat some fabulous Tex Mex and visit with my Mary and Lloyd. (That portion of our trip will come tomorrow - too many pictures!)


Here is a picture of Midnight Matador. He is the current horse of the Masked Rider. I would have put a better picture of him - he's gorgeous, don't you think - except his man part got in the way and I'm trying to keep it a somewhat clean blog.


It's the Goin' Band from Raiderland! I love this band! So big, so loud! But I must say, Michigan State's band gave them a run for their money. Yay for the bands!


The Double T - as formed by the Goin' Band in the pregame. Yeah, you right!


Here's another picture of our horse friend, Midnight Matador, and the Masked Rider. So stoic! I miss the days of when they let him run around the entire stadium. *Tear* But that's another story.


Let's play some football! After all, that's why we all were there, right? Both teams fought hard. It was interesting to be surrounded by so many fans with Team Leach signs and shirts. They loved their captain, but alas, he's not coming back. What a shame, folks.


Get your guns up! *Pew! Pew! Pew!* A sea of Red Raider fans, I say!


Kaboom! We did it! 41 - 31! Go Red Raiders!


Winning is sweet, and I think this team needed to win. Amid all that controversy they pulled it out and I couldn't be more proud! What a great game! A real nail biter! And, I'm so happy that we were able to see this with my family!

Have a great Tuesday, y'all. Oh, and "GET YOUR GUNS UP!!!!"

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you have a GREAT time I am soooo glad you got to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Kel-- The food and the game were great but for my money getting together with family and friends was the best part by far. We should know who will be named the next Red Raider Head Coach real soon, some think by Friday. I hoping the powers that be can see fit to name Ruffin McNeill and bring in a new offensive coordinator It's the least disruptive option for Texas Tech and the Red Raider football team, I think. I wonder if Don Carthel, HC at WTAMU has corssed their raider screen. Just thinking...

    ReplyDelete