Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life and Such...


As many of you know, it was my birthday this past weekend. Yay for birthdays! I still love them. One day, all your own, to feel special and happy to be in this world. Not every birthday is perfect, but that comes with getting older. This particular birthday was a happy day. Thank you everyone for the fabulous birthday love!

We had our dear friend J come visit for my birthday! Oh, Duckie! It is always refreshing to have a friend come visit New Orleans for the first time. He's in love with a girl named NOLA, I would say. New Orleans is something you have to experience in person. The pictures, no matter how beautiful, really do not do this city justice. You need to be here and walk the streets. Take a street car and get lost! You will fall in love, just like J did...and Kev did...and Jen did...and I did...

I was driving to work yesterday and I passed a cemetery, as I always do every morning and evening, and noticed these giant trucks parked in front. They were white and huge and said something like "Hollywood Industries" on the sides. They were filming a movie! Did you know that New Orleans has a thriving film industry? Seriously! A lot of movies have been filmed here. Just thought you would like to know!

This week has been speeding/dragging. We are headed to Houston on Friday for Kev's birthday celebration! Gah! What's with all these January babies in my life?!? Har Har Har! I love birthdays!

I hope you all are having a week full of grace and ease...I think everyone could use a little ease and grace in life.

Off to work...oh work. I'm glad you pay my bills.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Yay For a Girl named NOLA Happy Birthday again Friend - Truly the most beautiful rich alive city I have ever visited - Thanks for everything send my Love to the City and to Brad lol

    ReplyDelete