Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandpa R!


You know, I've always loved a man in uniform!

This particular man, Grandpa R, is a gem. A doll, a hero, a husband, a grandpa, and a friend to all those in need. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating about this one.

Grandpa has 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and 2 great-grand children. Way to go forth and build your family, man! I'm just lucky enough to have married into this family and get to share in your grace and kindness. Thank you.

Grandpa, Happy Birthday! I hope you wear a party hat today and eat cake. In fact, I hope you put a party hat on that rooster that sits in front of yours' and grandma's fireplace, too! (Because, roosters should always be included in the festivities!)

I love that you talked to me about the dinosaurs. And, you didn't laugh at me. Thank you. ;)

I love how you love your wife and your family. It is so very apparent to me that you would do anything for Grandma and your family. Why? Because you have the grace of God in your heart and a beautiful soul.

Oh, stop blushing!

Today is YOUR day! I'm doing a tap dance for you right now - can you hear it!?!

Enjoy yourself today. You've accomplished many things in your life - served in the Air Force, worked for the oil people, and butchered a lot of meat. But those are small accomplishments when you compare that to the family you helped build.

We are thinking of you today in New Orleans and wishing you could join us for a beignet and some cafe au lait!

Kev and I love you more than the moon and the stars...and so does the rest of the family.

Bravo, darling sir! You are cherished and loved.

Happiest of days....

xoxo,
Kel

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want copies of these images. -Uncle Danny.

    ReplyDelete