Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ole'!


The other part of our trip to Austin/San Antonio was spent with my parents, C & C, and Lloyd and MY MARY!!!!!! We enjoyed a lovely meal at Mi Tierra in San Antonio. I believe they told me this is next to the market. Wow, it's really pretty. I think it is kind of San Antonio's version of the French Market. I had such a lovely time!


The flags! I need to get me some...they make me muy feliz!


Anyone need a sombrero? You should have told me - I could have bought you one!


Look! It's the next Selena! I thought she was pretty - and not half bad as a performer, either!


Speaking of Selena....here she is! There was a lovely painting dedicated to her memory in the restaurant. Sorry, the pic isn't very good and it was pointed out to me that I missed her best asset in this picture - the derriere!


I don't know about you, but when I think of Mexican food and San Antonio, I think of Bill Clinton in a pair of running shorts and a Mi Tierra t-shirt!


Because a lady isn't a lady without her cigar...wait, didn't Bill Clinton like cigars?


C & C - enjoying good times. Nice chops, man!


Prettiness - of course this was part of their altar and I'm sure I angered some gods or saints somewhere by taking a picture.


Me and my parents! Go Raider Red!


The restaurant had an affinity for hanging objects from the ceiling in every room. I love it! Not for the faint of heart or those who are easily overstimulated.


Kevin's grandma would appreciate this - some of the costumes were of the masked wrestlers in Mexico. Apparently she loved watching those guys beat the heck out of each other. Go Grandma!


Me and MY MARY!!!!! It was so good seeing you - next time, JUDY MUST BE THERE TOO!!!!!!


Dance, puppets, DANCE!!! I especially like the green Godzilla looking one - you know, the one with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. But Kevin wouldn't buy it for me. :(


I love you anyway, honey...just buy me the puppet next time.


A trip to see Mary wouldn't be complete without a plastic donkey! Just like old times, I say! Oh, and I repeat, I saw it first!!!!

Hope you all have a happy Wednesday!

Hasta manana!

3 comments:

  1. yes you did see the donkey first... love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I'm glad you had such a good time in San Antonio. I've always said that New Orleans reminds me of San Antonio. They're both party cities for sure. El Mercado was right across the way from Mi Tierra's. I'm so sorry I couldn't join you for lunch. Maybe next time....we're not that far away from NOLA, you know. Love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, I'm glad you had such a good time in San Antonio. I've always said that New Orleans reminds me of San Antonio. They're both party cities for sure. El Mercado was right across the way from Mi Tierra's. I'm so sorry I couldn't join you for lunch. Maybe next time....we're not that far away from NOLA, you know. Love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete