Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Comparison of Sorts....

Okay, so lately I have been reflecting about the breaking news stories that happen around here in New Orleans. Back in A-town, the news was hardly ever shocking or horrible, or at least too horrible, unless it was a national news story.

For grins, I thought it would be interesting to compare a headline news story from A-town's paper this morning to a headline news story from nola.com.

First off, we have A-town: "Four cows die in crash on Fritch highway"

Oh my goodness, these poor babies! What a terrible way to go, in a giant truck with all your friends and crash, bang, boom, your cow life as you know it is over. I'm glad no humans were harmed.

So I know there are probably a few more exciting headlines in Amarillo's paper today, but I am using this one for emphasis. They report the deaths of cows. Not all the time. But still.

There is something very safe about a community that reports cow deaths, don't you think?

Now we have New Orleans: "3 shootings overnight injure 5 people on the Westbank"

Yeah. Enough said. I think NOLA kicks A-town's ass when it comes to danger. Except that isn't necessarily a good thing. But, I am continuing my belief that if I can live in New Orleans and survive, then I can live anywhere.

I hope you all had a rockin' 4th of July!

xoxo

1 comment: