Saturday, July 24, 2010

My New Favorite 99 cent Work Out



Just a steel town girl on a Saturday night
Looking for the fight of her life


SERIOUSLY! Ok, so one of my bff's J told me, "OMG Kel, you have GOT to download Maniac from the iTunes and do the maniac dance as a work out. I mean - whoa." You see, J used to dance with me back in A-town. He's got serious moves.

Anyway, the point being is that I did it. I downloaded "Maniac" from the iTunes and put on my leotard. (Note: on iTunes, there are 2 versions available, the movie version and the remastered version. Get the remastered version - it's 5 minutes long as opposed to 4 minutes long)

I also turned off our air conditioner and ceiling fan in the room I was going to "Maniac" in and prepared to sweat my derriere off. The bedroom I was in ended up being around 85 degrees very quickly.

Don't think that you have to be all talented at dancing or flexible. I think just the idea of dancing to the theme song from "Flashdance" in your living room in a leotard makes me giggle. But, I did it. Who was watching besides the cats, anyway?

I tried to be all sexy-like and swing my hair around a few times 'cause I was really into it and I nearly fell over. That's the point, though. You just dance. Dance at a fast pace for 5 consecutive minutes. Then, take a breather. And, if you feel up to another round, go again after you catch your breath. And so on..

And frankly, who can't run in place and rub their thighs like Alex Owens?

Here's proof that it will make you sweat.


Please pardon my derriere shot - I know, not pretty. But the proof is in the pudding! This is me after doing 3 rounds of maniac dancing with about a 5 minute rest period for the ol' monkey heart in between each go round.

Try it and let me know what you think! It's a giggle fest! Oh, and the part that sounds like chopsticks, feel free to take a bit of a breather and stretch during that phrase because that's what Alex did in the movie. Sweat is good!

And remember:
IT CAN CUT YOU LIKE A KNIFE
IF THE GIFT BECOMES THE FIRE . . .

SHE'S A MANIAC, MANIAC ON THE FLOO OOORRRR
AND SHE'S DANCING LIKE SHE'S NEVER DANCED BEFORE

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a winner to me...I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves it Loves it Loves it - work it gurl -

    See ya soon we Maniac the night away - J

    ReplyDelete