Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Rolling Stone Grows No Moss, Y'all

Hi Chickens...

We've just been moving right along around here, lately. Seems like the days go by so fast. We have been seeing our friends in the city a lot more and that has been nice. I must continue working on that because I have become a bit of a hermit and haven't realized that we do have really awesome friends that surround us here. Thank you for being a friend! (Cue the theme music, Dorothy!) And, of course, everyone who is my reading friend. I feel very protective of you all. I know, it's kind of crazy, but I do. I'd cut someone for y'all. Seriously.

See how New Orleans has made me all tough?

Before, when I lived in Texas, I really didn't consider that I would ever have to cut anyone, you know, to get by or help a friend out. Now, I realize that it's important to be prepared.

Now don't go being all, "Why are you walking around with that giant butcher knife, Kel?" I promise, I put it down. I just really mean about knowing who has your back, and be very aware of your surroundings and how people want to use you and abuse you in this world. Oh, and knowing whose back you are covering, personally.

The world - it's a big spider web. I'm realizing it more and more every day. The great thing is that New Orleans isn't feeling so big anymore. It's really a big, small town and that makes me comfortable. Just not too comfortable that I don't come to the party prepared.

Hope you all are having an amazing week and you haven't had to cut anyone.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I certainly haven't "had" to cut anyone... I'll just leave it at that.
    But really, I know just what you mean. I'm constantly astounded at how strong the connections I have with my readers are. I would totally take a bullet for my chums(you included, darlin).
    Oh, and a Golden Girls reference? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Kelly, and I definitely have your back! I know you've got mine! xxxo Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the phrase 'coming to the party prepared'. I've been taking certain steps. It's good to be prepared and understand your surroundings. Good girl, Kel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly haven't "had" to cut anyone... I'll just leave it at that.
    But really, I know just what you mean. I'm constantly astounded at how strong the connections I have with my readers are. I would totally take a bullet for my chums(you included, darlin).
    Oh, and a Golden Girls reference? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete