Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kingdom No. 5

Hey y'all...

I thought I'd let you know what's going on with our bat-shit crazy adorable fur baby, Oliver.

We visited the vet again last week, and of course it was quite traumatic for him. Oy. So, now he gets to take Zanax before he visits Dr. Scott. While I think this is probably a good thing for Oliver, this is probably more beneficial to Dr. Scott. I can't say I blame him - I think the vet techs at the office kind of hate Oliver. Now, when they see us coming, they give us a weak smile and sigh.

Anyway, back to the visit. The goal was to get another sample of his urine for testing, except Oliver had decided to use the bathroom in his carrier. STINKY STINKY STINKY STINKY STINKY

And we all know Oliver can be a diva about his appearance. Thank Tyrannosaurus Rex for the one vet tech that I adore - he just seems to "get" Oliver. Or, he's just extremely nice. While we were waiting to talk with Dr. Scott, he went ahead and bathed Oliver and took care of a knot that had formed in his fur on his chest. Then, he sprayed a pet perfume called "Kingdom No. 5" on him. He smelled lovely!

Since we couldn't get a sample on that visit, we took him back the next morning and they got the sample. Test results came back yesterday - he still has an infection. So, more antibiotics for Oliver and they are testing the culture to see what antibiotic will take this sucker down...

Please pray for Oliver and a speedy recovery - I think Kevin is reaching the end of his rope with these vet bills. But, I'm not giving up on him yet. We are so close!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a huge animal lover so when it comes to my animals I so know the feeling! To bad to Army don't have med coverage like they do for the Spawn and I!

    On a dif note- I was in New Olreans on Saturday for my bday....just for the day to go site seeing! I don't really drink so no doing the typical drunken-actlike a tard-tourist thing for me! Long story short, I forgot how hot it can get down home this time of year! I was guzzling down some water and didn't pee once! Sorry for the TMI! Hope you have a awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Oliver! (and poor everyone who has to come into contact with a panicked cat!)
    I really hope he gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete