Monday, August 17, 2009

I pity the fool


It's official. Kevin is now a member of the A-Team! What's that? You pity the fool that gets placed on the A-Team? Allow me to explain. During hurricane season, Kevin's hospital has an A-Team and a B-Team of staff members. If the city is required to evacuate for a storm (knock on wood, ya'll), Kevin has to stay. He must report to the hospital 24 hours before the storm hits land and is required to stay there until the city re-opens. Then, the B-Team comes in and relieves the A-Team.

I am proud of him that they think so highly of him to put him on the A-Team. Frankly, I would want someone as cool and collected working on me during a crisis like a giant hurricane of Katrina magnitude. No complainers, please! This is why I think he was chosen to serve on the A-Team. Would you really want someone working during that situation that was doing nothing but complain about how they aren't evacuating with their families?

But, I'm afraid for me and the kitties. This means that I get to evacuate with the cats by myself. I can do it and will be just fine, but the idea is just a little scary to me. That means no one is there to help me administer the Children's Benadryl to Oliver or keep me company while we sit in traffic for a million plus hours. Cest la vie.

I trust that everyone on that team will do anything in his or her power to make sure the patients at the hospital are safe and sound. Who knows, it could be quite an adventure for him and he might feel like he were in medical school, having to actually sleep at the hospital. As for me, I see a trip to Houston or Austin in my near future, but let's pray that it doesn't come to that this season.

So, here's to the A-Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment