Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Unrequited Love


My Dearest NOLA,

Why must you continue to scorn me? I love you and came here to help you with your wounds and to be a part of what makes you so special. What am I doing that makes you not want me? What can I do to appease you and finally accept me into your folds? I understand you typically only like individuals who come from the great state of Louisiana, but that is not the case for me. I come from Texas. I know, I know. Texans are loud and have big egos, but Texans are usually always friendly and willing to lend a helping hand in times of need.

And please don't tell me you do not need help. I walk your streets and still see the visible battle wounds from that crazy lady, Katrina. (Between you and me, she deserves a good spanking!) So, dearest of dears, hear my prayers. I want to work and am trying everything I know to make this a reality. Yet, no cheese. :( I'm not asking for much. Simply to have a purpose and a place to go every day. I will even gladly share my friendly, Texas smile and "go-get 'em" attitude. I promise not to talk about how big and great my former home is -- you don't need a constant reminder of a Texan's ego.

I just wanted to make certain you are aware of my adoration. You are a beautiful, ancient (no, I'm not insulting your age - that is what makes you so mysterious) place and you hold many mystifying secrets. I hope you will allow me to continue to discover the unseen.

With love always,

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment