Tuesday, April 6, 2010

100th Post, A Celebration of Sorts

Dooo Do DOOOOO!!!! Today, I am celebrating my 100th post! I started this baby back on May 28, 2009 - the day before my Daddy's birthday, actually. (Shhh....don't tell him I told you) So, I looked back at my very first post this morning, and currently, I am sort of back where I started on that day of May. Other than actually living in New Orleans, in an apartment and making groceries here and such, I don't have a job. Kev has a job. Granted, it's here and not back in Texas so I get to see him every day, but I'm the one that's not making the cheese. I know my job will come again. I just have to find it. And it has to find me.

I found this picture when I was looking for the pictures of the Babushka trip. It's funny, because this picture is almost identical to this. Yep. It's the very first posting. That picture was taken very close to the time that I started the blog. The picture above was taken in 2001, I believe.

It's funny how some things don't change much in New Orleans. Slow. Easy. It is the "Big Easy", after all. (Except it's not always easy...)

I am so happy we are here and settled, and I am grateful for the experiences this journey has already provided me. I am excited for what comes next!

So, in the spirit of spring, and writing 100 posts, and well, trying to start anew, again, I want to give away a present!

WHAT?!? A PRESENT?!?

Who doesn't like a present? I like presents!

So, leave me a comment on this post. I will then randomly pick (I'll do it the right way, ya'll) one of the entries to receive a personally created present from moi!

What is this present you are giving away, you ask?

Well, I have to find out who wins first! It could be anything that I make by hand...a painting, something sewn like an apron, or something along those lines. Trust me, it will make you happy!

I will pick out the present for the person!

If you are already a follower of my blog, or you become a follower of my blog, you will receive an additional entry!

As a bonus, if you blog about this giveaway, send me an e-mail and let me know. That will get you 3 more entries! Tell your friends!

I will draw for the present on Friday, April 9.

I'm so happy that I am here and have this blog as an outlet to the craziness that is Kev's and my existence. Thank you all for reading!

And enter the contest! I promise, it will make you happy!

xoxo





8 comments:

  1. You're so awesome! For my 50th post, I bitched and moaned about my almost 40 year old husband acting like a 22 year old playing soccer. Don't worry, he's fine. :) maybe for my 100th I'll be published and I can provide an autographed copy of my novel. But seriously, you are the epitomy of awesomeness! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jeanie! You are awesome! I want to be you secretly and have written a book. I just don't know if I can! That makes you awesome, plus you were already fabulous to begin with. Glad C is ok! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kel, Kel! You are awesome. I look forward to reading your posts and am a bit sad when there is not a daily update. Keep on bloggin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. By the way, I'm sending a razor for Kevin. Love...
    -Chris and Barb Riggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! 100 posts is a major achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. By the way, I'm sending a razor for Kevin. Love...
    -Chris and Barb Riggs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kel, Kel! You are awesome. I look forward to reading your posts and am a bit sad when there is not a daily update. Keep on bloggin'

    ReplyDelete