Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm Blessed Friday


Easter is this weekend. You know, I never realized that in an Easter egg hunt, your goal is looking for the golden egg? I mean, I know there are always some eggs you want more than others, but I never realized there is supposed to be a golden egg. I learn something new every day!

Anyway, since we should be humble today, and well, GOOD, I thought I would share some things that make me smile about living in this community. Little sayings and quirks that make New Orleans a neat place to be.

1. Kevin (a.k.a Calico Jack). He makes me smile every day.

2. When we go to the grocery store, we "make groceries". So, if someone asks you where you are going and you are going to the super market, you say, "Oh, I'm about to make groceries".

3. When you are ready to check out at the grocery store (after making your groceries) and you ask the little lady checker, "How are you today?" and she answers, "I'm blessed". Puts a smile on my face every time.

4. I like that I can hear our neighbor's little girl run up and down their hallway (hardwoods rock!). Sometimes, she rides her scooter up and down the hallway...it's quite noisy but it makes me laugh because I know her dad doesn't like her to do that.

5. Alice (a.k.a. CatZiLLa) has developed quite an attitude since moving down here to New Orleans. Our sweet kitty has turned into a diva and has become quite vocal with her displeasure of things.

6. The way people pronounce AMBULANCE. Ok, so say ambulance out loud. You say it normal, as in ăm'byə-ləns. The people of this area pronounce it Am-Bue-Lance. The AmBUELANCE took him away! Not that I want anyone to have to take a ride in an AMBUELANCE.

7. Tchopitoulas. Say that out loud. Can you say it? It's pronounced CHOP-EH-TWO-LAS. Yeah, I am just glad that we knew how to say the name of this street before we moved here.

8. The fact that you can't make a left turn at an intersection pretty much anywhere in this city. Seriously. You have to drive up and turn around in an opening in the neutral ground. And, be aware of the street cars and other cars and pedestrians, and bicyclers.

9. Gone pecan. As in, "I had to get out of there. I was gone pecan."

10. In general, living in a city that has such character and beauty and heartache and spice. Kev and I are blessed that we were able to take this leap and while things are hard sometimes, we are now happily living the life in NOLA.

I'm about to post my 100th post in the next couple of days...I think that deserves a celebration. I am happy that you all bother to stop by and read my ramblings. I started this thing when I first moved here, and well, look at us now!

(More on that celebration soon...)

I hope you all have a very blessed day. Have a wonderful Easter holiday and FIND THE GOLDEN EGG!!!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I miss you in a desperate fashion! I'm blessed to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete