Friday, April 30, 2010

Jobity Job Job Job

It's all new beginnings up in here, y'all! Look! We have a flower! A flower on the cucumber plant! And yes, that is a chopstick, holding up the plant. Whatever you have on hand, right?

Plus, I got a J - O - B!

I am over the moon. Excited and calm about this one. It's the right fit. A creative fit and a positive new opportunity for me and what it will mean for us to exist in this city.

If you looked at the scorecard of Kelly and Kevin Move to New Orleans, it would look something like this:

NOLA - 4
K&K - 1

You might be asking, why do we only have one point? Because our #1 All Star Game Player Kevin. He's the only one in this household who has acquired and kept his job here in NOLA. Way better than just a measly 4 months. He will have been at the Hospital for a year this summer.

But, that doesn't mean the game is over. It's really just beginning. You know, like in baseball. That game goes on forever. Seriously. America's favorite pastime is an excuse to sit around for five hours and drink beer and eat peanuts and Cracker Jacks. But who doesn't like that? I like to pass a good time with the rest of 'em.

But, back to the game of K&K vs. NOLA. It's really not a game. This is our home. It's not some novelty that is depicted on television. It's being able to pay the electric bill when it's 100+ degrees outside. And not being cooped up in the apartment, day after day after day.

Not that I didn't enjoy my little sabbatical. I did, thoroughly. It gave me a chance to re - situate our priorities here.

I promised myself that I would work with creative, like minded people. So far, that has become my reality.

I start Monday. I am working for a graphics/architectural design firm that has done a lot of corporate branding projects here in the city.

And yes, this is the job that is above the coffee shop.

*BLISS*

Have a FABULOUS weekend!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job!!! that is awesome news. NOLA is lucky to have you. Thanks for making my hometown a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just AWESOMESAUCE. Kinda like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job, you! And good job with keeping our hometown beautiful! I'll be up there this coming month....prob volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks EVERYONE! I feeling so very blessed and happy right now! Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers...I think it helped. 'Cause this is going to be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!!! Caps lock was totally necessary for that. I hope this works out great!

    ReplyDelete