Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Celebration in the Oaks

Last night, Kev and I visited the Celebration in the Oaks. This is a huge light display/amusement park attraction located in the middle of City Park. Did you know that City Park is the second largest park in the nation? (The first one being Central Park in NYC.)

A ball in a tree...I guess it doesn't really look like a ball in this picture, but it's a ball.


The local elementary schools decorated Christmas trees. I liked the sign for this particular tree. "Joy to you and me!"

This one is pretty! I like the fan with the geisha...isn't she pretty?


Grandma? I didn't know you had an elementary school in New Orleans! Come to think of it, I didn't know you were a sportsman's paradise, either!



All this admiring is making me hungry! I think I need some carnie food....hmmm....funnel cake or cotton candy?


Carrot. Not sure what the carrot has to do with the holidays, but it's New Orleans. They love their food!


Perhaps they are trying to inspire you to go home and make some gumbo. Except I don't think there are peas in gumbo.


A Ferris wheel! Oooohhh...wait, that is high up. I think I'll pass.


Hey, LOOK!!!! It's the Fun Slide! Do they have a guarantee of fun on the Fun Slide?


I don't know about you, but I know my holidays aren't complete without some dinosaurs.


ROOOOAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!


Mr. Bingle? Who is this Mr. Bingle that you speak of?


Mr. Bingle! Um...I think he looks like an upside down ice cream cone/Frosty the Snowman type.


Go ask Alice...When she's 10 feet tall! Again, what do mushrooms have to do with Christmas?


A gator with antlers. I think he's auditioning to be one of Santa's backup reindeer.


Looks like he didn't quite make the cut - Santa has all his reindeer, I mean gators for this year! Happy Holidays, y'all!

1 comment: