Thursday, December 3, 2009

EEEEEEKKKK!!!!!


A couple of weekends ago, I was home by myself as Kev had to work, and I was cleaning. Yay for me! Keeping house! I'm so very domestic...

Anyway, as I said I was home and cleaning and our cat Alice kept on sitting in one place by the back door in the kitchen. Sitting, waiting, watching. I thought the cockroaches had come back and there was a big one threatening our safety with it's giant knife and gun and Alice, being the huntress that she is, was going to protect us all! I forgot about it and finished my cleaning. I went into the living room and decided to reward my domestic self with a good book for the rest of the afternoon while waiting on Kev to return from work.

During my reading, I heard both kitties in the kitchen playing. They have lots of toys so I didn't think much about it. They calmed down, came into the other room and proceeded to take their post breakfast, post lunch, pre-afternoon naps. I went back into the kitchen to get some water and what do you know!?! I saw the thing Alice was so intrigued with - the object of her sitting, waiting, and watching. Mr. Mouse - how nice to see you balancing with your cute paws on the edge of the trash can. He was brave. He was fierce. He was even slightly egocentric as he posed for numerous pictures from moi. I was, of course, freaked out and icked out! But look at his face. Look at those sweet little mousy ears. Cute, huh?

I promptly called Kevin and left him a message informing him of our house guest. I let him know that it was HIS responsibility to take care of our little problem. (I just recently got over myself and started smashing the bugs by myself - only when they are without their weapons, of course!) Then I ran back to the other room to try to read more and ignore the fact that we had a mouse in the house. Except, there was more commotion coming from the kitchen. And the cats were definitely up from their naps.

Next thing I knew, Alice had caught Mr. Mouse - in her mouth! Good girl! Wait a minute..."BAD ALICE!!! EEEK! SCREAM!!! PUT IT DOWN! PUT IT DOWN! PUT IT DOWN!" I scared her enough that she dropped Mr. Mouse. Mr. Mouse proceeded to run into the living room behind a bookshelf. He was trapped. Alice stood watch for the rest of the afternoon and evening, making certain Mr. Mouse didn't escape her grips again.

Kevin came home, FINALLY! He pulled out the bookshelf and searched. Couldn't find it. I was devastated! Since our living room is also our bedroom, I didn't know how I was going to sleep with said mouse in the same room as us! We proceeded with our evening and he promised to search again.

Then, he noticed Oliver was sitting, waiting, and watching. Right in front of the bookshelf. Sitting, waiting, watching. That was his cue. He pulled the bookshelf out some more and Oliver went crazy! He found the mouse. He pounced the mouse. I'm sure the mouse probably peed in his little mouse pants at that point. Of course, Kevin wasn't intervening Oliver at this point. In my opinion, he was allowing Oliver to have a little TOO much fun with Mr. Mouse. I'm sure Oliver thought this was the best toy we had ever brought home to him - it moved!

After some serious "playing", Oliver just walked away. Kevin couldn't find the mouse. Then, Oliver turned around and there was a tail hanging out of his mouth. Conveniently, we had a top hat in our living room and Kev grabbed the hat. He managed to get Oliver to spit out Mr. Mouse into the top hat and with a piece of paper scooped him up. We both ran downstairs, Kevin with Mr. Mouse in the top hat and me with the keys screaming, "DON'T LET HIM JUMP OUT ONTO ME!!! EEK!"

Mr. Mouse jumped out of the top hat into the yard with a wave of his little mousy paw. Later, taters!

Hooray Kevin! Hooray Oliver! Hooray top hats!

Have a FABULOUS, Mr. Mouse-free Thursday! Friday is so close, I can taste it!

2 comments:

  1. That is the greatest story I have ever read You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the greatest story I have ever read You are the best.

    ReplyDelete