Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Winter Wonderland


Sans moi and Kev. We missed the snow in Amarillo over the Christmas holiday. Instead, we were treated to cooler weather and oak trees with ornaments hung in their branches. Pretty? Of course! Very pretty, in fact. But, I must say there is something special about seeing a blanket of snow outside your house on Christmas morning.

C & C worked on turning our parents' backyard into a snowman haven. The snowman pictured above has a cat toy nose. I think it works - it's sparkly! If you know me, I'm like a bird - I love all that glitters and sparkles! Plus, I'm sure there were a plethora of toys to choose from. I just hope Elwood didn't get too upset when his glittery red ball went missing.


Here's the real gem of the snowman haven! Mr. Snowman is, ahem, taking care of business. He even has an asparagus fern mustache. I wonder if he's planning on hitting any day after Christmas sales?

Why is there a toilet in my parents' backyard, you ask? Well, they recently remodeled all of the bathrooms in their home, including replacing all the toilets. I'm not exactly sure why this is still in the backyard, but I'm going to chalk it up to needing a good prop for a snowman haven.

One of the things I'm the saddest about missing in the winter wonderland has to be C & C's Siberian Huskies, Sasha & Geordie, running and playing in the snow. And of course rubbing their faces in the snow. Did you know that snow dogs love snow? They don't get to see much of that down in Austin.

Did you get to see snow in your neck of the woods over Christmas? I do hope so! But I pray you all had safe and easy travels through said snow.

We get to visit Texas this next weekend - looking forward to some fabulous Tex Mex and to see my Red Raiders! And the cherry on top? We get to see my Mary and my Judy! Oh joy! That's even better than a snowman haven!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing ya'al as well I just can't wait!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As to why htere is still a toilet in the back yard, let's just say it's one of those things I've been meaning to take care of once I get a-round to-it. you haven't seen a round 2-it floating around the quarter have you? : ) Dad

    ReplyDelete