Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In the Early Morning


When did I become such a morning person? I suppose it was when we moved to NOLA and the trash men arrived at 5:30 a.m. to do their jobs. Of course, it could also be when I realized that on the heels of the trash men, the sunshine arrives.

I have realized that I love the early morning. It's quiet and calm. You may hear the church bells or the boats on the river, but other than that, silence. No sirens, no workmen across the street rebuilding that house. Just quiet and calm. A time to be contemplative before a hectic day at work.

It's hump day, by the way. Wednesday! I really like Wednesdays. That means after today, two more days of the daily grind and then blessed weekend. Oh lovely, sweet, blessed weekend. A time for sleeping in...but wait! I just told you how I can't sleep in. So, on the weekends, I'm up at pretty much the same time. Hence the e-mails to friends at 6 a.m. on a Saturday. I have started assuming that everyone gets up that early on the weekends. Except they don't.

So here is to a Happy Wednesday, y'all! It's all downhill from here!

P.S. After I posted this, I asked Kev, "Today is Wednesday, right?" Sometimes the days just flow together and I was confused for a moment. Guess it's all those early mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment