Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The lady who swallowed the fly...and the spider...and the bird...

and the cat....I think she'll die. I think I'm that old lady, sans the old part. I wonder if she was really full after swallowing all those things? I know I'm full. Full up to my ears, full!

I'm trying...I'm trying to manage everything that I have on my plate, but alas, it's all starting to taste gross and disgusting and making my monkey heart hurt in not a good way. A stressful way and that is definitely nooooo bueno.

A good friend said to me the other day, "Kel, how do you eat an elephant?" But of course! I responded, "One bite at a time!"

Except the chef that is preparing my spider and fly and bird and cat wants me to consume these items like I'm the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Champion. Ummm...I should tell this chef about the time my parents made me try liver and onions at a local cafeteria. It was not a pretty sight - and I was never made to eat liver and onions again.

But there lies the problem. If I don't become the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Champion, I'm afraid I'll have the entire plate taken away and be banished from the whole contest.

So, please, say some prayers that I find a way to consume all that has been given. Today, I'm rolling up my sleeves and tying on a lobster bib to get through this. All I can do is try!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kel
    I am sure you think your plate is full.. why wouldn't it be with a new job and the holidays coming.. but i am sure you will be able to keep up with everything you have to do... I know you and you are strong.

    ReplyDelete