Sunday, March 7, 2010

Being Creative

Determined to follow through with my plans the other night, I made a new wreath for the front door. Seeing as it isn't Carnival season anymore, it was time to take down the feathery creation and put up something more appropriate for spring. And new beginnings. Or something like that.

I ventured out to the local Michael's the other night and picked up a grapevine wreath, some poppies, and pretty, yellow broom flowers. At least, I think they are broom flowers.

Anyway, as you can tell from the picture above, Oliver was a great help in creating the wreath. A giant, huge, great help. Really. He had to lay all over them. Smell them. Make sure they were thoroughly covered in his fur. Because really, what is an art project without some cat hair thrown in?

After some fighting with Oliver, I managed to get all my flowers back and wreath arranged and glued.


Voila! A new spring wreath for the front door. It only took me a couple of weeks to get past Carnival and into the spring of things. Hahahaha. Get it? Spring of things?

Ok, I know. I should keep my day job. Wait, I don't have a day job. Working on that, too.

Happy Sunday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment