Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When Dreams Go Bad

I have been having very vivid dreams lately. You know the kind. You are there in the action and it's like the dream is really real and you wake up with a start, clutching your pillow and sweating. Those kinds of dreams. I don't know why. Perhaps my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

This one particular dream I had a few weeks ago was a doozy.

I was sitting on our balcony, only our balcony was bigger than in real life. Of course it was, you know, because it is a dream of mine to have a larger balcony than we currently have. So, I was sitting on the balcony, enjoying a cup of tea and all of a sudden, these hillbilly, banjo people showed up downstairs in a pickup truck.

I nodded at them, acknowledging their presence, but I knew that there was something about these banjo people that I shouldn't mess with. I shouldn't have even looked their way, but I did.

Then, the leader of the banjo people in the pickup truck said, "Ooooh, baby! You sure are pretty!" Ummm...thank you scary, toothless banjo man.

I was growing more and more uncomfortable. I had the door to the apartment shut, but I was looking for a way to get Kev's attention. I thought if I could just knock on the wall or door, Kev would hear and come wielding a baseball bat or butcher knife. Some way to get him to notice that this banjo person was hitting on his wife.

The banjo man said to me, "Don't you try and get his attention! If you do that, I'm going to make this real hard on you!" EGADS! That was scary!

Then, somehow the leader of the banjo people had scaled the 14 feet of the first floor and ended up on the balcony with me (we have exceptionally tall ceilings in this house that we live in).

ACK! EEK! So scary! Was he really missing teeth? Oh how cliche of you, subconscious!

Mr. Banjo Leader grabbed my arm and said to his band of banjo brothers, "Look, we've got a live one here! Lady, you better not try and get his attention. I swear to you, this won't hurt! But only if you play nice..."

Then, I looked downstairs at the truck full of banjo people, and Chewbacca was climbing out of the truck. He did his Chewbacca purr roar and grabbed his gun.

What? Why is Chewbacca in my dream?

Then I woke up.

Thank Tyrannosaurus Rex for having inappropriate people in my dreams! I knew it was only a dream when Chewbacca showed up! WHEW!

Still, that dream was intense. A bit of a doozy, you know? Those banjo people freaked me out a bit and made me wary of the balcony. Except, I don't think that hillbilly, banjo people would ride around with Chewbacca in their truck.

Except during Mardi Gras. Then it's fair game.

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Yep! I giggled from start to finish on this one. Thanks Kel...I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a good thing Chewy showed up so you could wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I giggled from start to finish on this one. Thanks Kel...I needed that!

    ReplyDelete