Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Princess Unicorns

It's important to have your magic wand close at hand. You never know when you are going to need to wave that wand! That's why I keep mine close at hand on the desk in the pencil caddy. Easy access - it's a good thing!

During Mardi Gras this year, we hung out with our neighbors on the neutral ground to watch most of the parades. We have a prime location - only like 3 blocks to walk down to the parades. Anyway, our neighbor's child (let's call her Jane) had to use the facilities and so my brother and I offered to walk her back to our apartment and let her use the little ballerina's room.

She got to meet the cats and realized quickly that Oliver is the grumpy cat and Alice is the sweet one. She also discovered my magic wand.

So, Jane, upon finding the magic wand starting waving it around C's head. Then she announced, "YOU ARE NOW A PRINCE!" C, realizing that he was now royalty, said, "Is that so? Ok, I'm a prince!" Then she waved the magic wand around my head and announced, "You are a PRINCESS UNICORN! Now you and the prince get married!"

C and I looked at each other and giggled. Then C informed Jane that we couldn't get married because we were brother and sister. She pondered that for a moment and realized that it probably isn't a good idea marrying your own brother. She has a brother of her own and I'm sure the idea of being married to him made her pause.

After that, we went back to the neutral ground and played ballet. And more Princess Unicorn.

I just know I am happy to have her magic wand. It turned me into a Princess Unicorn, after all.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment