Monday, March 8, 2010

Your Will Be Still


Let's be cliche for a moment. Things happen for a reason. It's only a matter of time. This too shall pass.

I have been in this situation before. I didn't have a job moving down here, it was the leap of faith that Kev and I chose to make. We made it together. We survived those four months. I turned into a domestic goddess, at least for a short while, and poof! I ended up with a job. It felt like an important job. It is an important job. Just not for me. The Universe took it away because it could tell that it was damaging my spirit. No damaged spirits, guys. It's simply not worth it.

I found this song last night, and I think the lyrics reign true with my current situation. Ray Lamontagne's "Be Here Now". Look it up on YouTube. Really gorgeous.

Don't let your mind get weary
And confused your will be still, don't try
Don't let your heart get heavy
Child, inside you there's a strength that lies


Don't let your soul get lonely
Child, it's only time, it will go by
Don't look for love in faces, places
It's in you, that's where you'll find kindness


Be here now, be here now
Be, be here now, be here now


Don't lose your faith in me
And I will try not to lose faith in you
Don't put your trust in walls
'Cause walls will only crush you when they fall


Be here now, be here now
Be, be here now, be here now

So, note to self: Be calm. Be open. Don't shut down. Be open. Open, and accepting of what may come along. Be still. I am excited about the possibilities of what is to come my way. Our way, actually. This isn't a one woman show, after all.

I wake up in the mornings and have the thought that I need to do something today. Other than look and apply for jobs, I can't wrap my head around what that task may be. I'll figure it out. I will find my voice, again.

What keeps you awake at night? What is the nagging thing in your life that you simply MUST accomplish but have a hard time doing? I'm curious if I'm the only one who feels like a giant procrastinator?

I hope your Monday is treating you with kindness. The beginning of a new week is always harrowing, but I know you all are rockin' and rollin' your way through!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment