Monday, March 22, 2010

Gator Goes Hollywood


As I write this, a film crew for the new HBO series "Treme" is downstairs filming. I think the alligator is excited. He informed me that he brushed his teeth extra well for his closeup!

The HBO peeps are very serious about their little series...our street has become a no parking zone. No Parking on the block until after 3 p.m. today. :( But, hey, that's okay because the gator is getting his closeup!

I know, you probably think I'm making this up. Why would someone film at OUR HOUSE? But seriously, y'all! Look! It's a Hollywood Truck! Notice the Mardi Gras beads on the fence? Yeah, they were strategically placed by the set designer. It's not Mardi Gras right now! But I think it's supposed to be Mardi Gras during the time that these guys are filming.

In fact, I KNOW it's supposed to be Mardi Gras for their shoot today. I spoke with our neighbor and the film team paid them $100 to let them film the house. OUR HOUSE! Of course, I'm not sure if they are going to film our side, but still.

See the film crew at the end of the street? They pulled out the big guns for this shoot: even the street vendors are out giving it that authentic Mardi Gras essence.

I hadn't heard about "Treme" prior to receiving notice that the film crew would be here today. So, I went to the HBO website and checked it out. All I can say is "Oy!". This city really does have my heart and soul. If you have HBO, watch this show. Then you can have a little piece of NOLA in your heart, too!

Happy Monday, y'all. I think I'm going to try and sneak a few more pictures of those movie folks.


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. sounds very exciting for you today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nuttin' like those goings on here on jameson drive. just waiting to hear from the truck heart surgeon whether the frontier's "new and true heart" transplant responded when the surgeon lit it up with electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, and i like your previous header much better. had a classier, nawlins look about it. fwiw, me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the previews for the show on HBO the other night and all i can say is that I don't know how acurately the show will depict the city, but they have a bunch of authentic new orleanians in the show, especially the musicians(including Kermit Ruffins, Dr. John, Allen Toussaint, Rebirth Brass Band, and many more). Can't wait to see it on the screen.

    Oh, and i liked the old header better too.But, its your blog and you should do what makes you happy, I change mine all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary - it was a very exciting day! Poor Kev didn't get much sleep, though...I think they were a little noisy for him. Oooh, and I got to see John Goodman walking down my block wearing a Mardi Gras float rider costume! It was bright blue with sequins! :D

    KM and Scott - As far as the previous header, I guess I'll change it back. :( I was bored with it, but I suppose the picture was happy. I was just teaching myself how to use GIMP. I'll keep trying to play with it and come up with something everyone is happy with!

    Scott - I am not sure if it will REALLY depict the city in its true glory. I kind of realized that with the strategically placed Mardi Gras beads on the fence. They were artfully placed...who knows, though. I'm a sucker - anything about Katrina and this city kinda makes me weepy.

    ReplyDelete