Tuesday, March 9, 2010

House within a House

Here lies a house within a house. They have been working on it for quite some time now. Gorgeous, really. I can't imagine living in a house that big, let alone owning a house that big. I think it is interesting because all the sides of this house have been remodeled, painted and made new again. Except the middle part. It still looks old and worn out and well, kind of spooky.

I think it is interesting to see the progression of the upgrades on this house. There were more parts undone just a few months ago. They are making progress, for sure! If that wood could talk, you know? I wonder what it would say? Probably something like, "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen...damn those termites!"

Good for the owners for recognizing the gem that is this home. I look forward to seeing it when it is finished. Would I have noticed this house had it not been a house within a house? Probably. It just wouldn't have stuck out in my mind as much. It would look like all the other Victorians.

Notice the two red chairs on the second floor? I wonder if they sit up there pondering all that still has to be done. Probably so. Or, the owners just flop down from the exhaustion of working on such a project!

I must admit that I will be a little sad to see it completed. The journey is the fun part, right?

Also for your enjoyment, a close up of a Japanese Magnolia blossom. Pretty, pretty, pretty.

And the inside of said blossom. See why I love these trees so much? An entire tree covered in blossoms like this. What isn't there to love?

Kev and I will own a home one day. The front yard of our home will have a Japanese Magnolia tree. It will be huge and produce copious amounts of these beautiful blossoms. And we will know it is Carnival season when this happens. Because, that's when these trees bloom.

Have a fabulous Tuesday! Today is Kev's last day for his work week - then it's his weekend. FINALLY! I have missed him a lot this week. Maybe I can convince him to take me on a date sometime soon.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment